Dueling Dhows

Dueling Dhows
for Mark, Sarah, and Michael

Friday, July 6, 2018

Sanding the Daggerboard Trunk's Glass Work & Application of Paint


July 5, 2018


I coaxed myself out of the house later in the afternoon, feeling better but still pushing myself through this nasty bout of the flu.  It's hard to sit idle...but somehow I think my body is trying to tell me something.  Anyway, enough of the whining.  For the work on the blue Dhow today, I water-washed the installed tabbing, and then sanded the surfaces fair.  While I was sanding, I decided to lightly rough up the interior of the hull in order to get another coat on.



I then thoroughly vacuumed the surfaces, and wiped them down with acetone.



I brushed on the paint with a 2" foam brush for the first "base" coat of finish paint.


Total Time Today: 1.5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment