Dueling Dhows

Dueling Dhows
for Mark, Sarah, and Michael

Friday, June 1, 2018

Continued Varnish Work and Topsides Sanding


June 1, 2018


With date night in sight, I arrived at home and got straight to prepping the topsides of the blue Dhow for a second coat of paint in the morning.  I sanded the topsides with 220-grit paper, and vacuumed the surface.  With the sanding (prep) work out of the way, I turned my attention to applying the final coat of varnish to the aft seat and backrest of the white Dhow.



I sanded the surfaces of the aft seat and backrest with 220-grit paper, vacuumed and wiped the surfaces clean with a rag dampened with a solvent.  The final application of Epifanes clear varnish was not thinned, but applied in full strength!  With work scheduled off site tomorrow, my plans require an early rise and a second coat of topsides paint to the blue Dhow...



Total Time Today: 1.25 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment