Dueling Dhows

Dueling Dhows
for Mark, Sarah, and Michael

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Yes, More Varnish Work


May 31, 2018




Upon arriving home for the evening, I suited up for a quick session: applying yet another layer of varnish to the aft seat and backrest of the white Dhow.  I lightly sanded the surfaces with 220-grit paper, and then moved over to the shop to sand the lower mast section of the blue Dhow.  

After cleaning the surfaces of the varnish dust, I applied coat of the Epifanes clear varnish thinned by ~10%.  Moving back into the shop, I further thinned the Epifanes for the second coat on the lower mast section of the blue Dhow - thinned by ~30% to 40%.  The aft seat and backrest of the white Dhow will receive one more application of varnish, and then I flip her to begin topsides painting.


Total Time Today: .5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment