Dueling Dhows

Dueling Dhows
for Mark, Sarah, and Michael

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Continued Varnish Work


May 29, 2018



I continued applying varnish to the aft seat and backrest of the white Dhow, with first sanding the surface with 220-grit paper and cleaning up the sanding debris as per usual - vacuuming followed by a solvent wipe down.  I'll be able to flip the white Dhow and begin topsides painting after a couple more coats of Epifanes clear varnish.



With the balance of the varnish in my cup, I made my way back over to the shop and flipped the boom and yard arm of the white Dhow and applied the finish coat to the side resting on the table saw from last night's application.  With the exception of some minor assembly to do, the white Dhow's rig is complete.  In the coming days I will turn my attention to completing the blue Dhow's rig.


Total Time Today: .75 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment